You may be wondering how to create a rss.xml file with all your new entries using Drupal. And you want it to be updated with each new content in your site
Drupal comes with a built-in RSS module called Aggregator that you must activate in your modules list. To configure your RSS feeds, follow the steps below:
- Log in as administrator and go to Administer > Site Building > Modules.
- Check the Enabled box for the Aggregator module and click Save Configuration.
- Go to Administer > Content management > Feed aggregator.
- Click Add feed and type the feed's title and URL.
- Step 5. Click Save to publish your new RSS feed.
- Run the Drupal cron in order to update your feed.
Ok, and here you might be confused... you will see feed entries of your front page only..
The solution is to Create a View of the type Feed
Let's create a view that will show the rss content that you want.
Create a view > Type: Node
Then add Display > Feed
Set the Basic Settings like this:
Title: Your Rss title, in this case you can set your site name.
Row style: Node,
- Build mode: Teaser,
- Check: Display links
Then you will see Feed settings under the Basic settings group, set the Feed settings like this:
Path: Give it something like "feed", in my site I've given the rss.xml path directly as it is my only rss feed